Musicians and Deejays
Before Your Event
Schedule a walk-through of Pleasant Home at least two weeks prior to the event if you are unfamiliar with the facility. For directions, please see our website, pleasanthomeop.com or contact the staff at Pleasant Home.
Pleasant Home Policies
- Minimally amplified music is allowed outdoors on the front porch. Amplified music indoors will need to be discussed and approved by the Pleasant Home Manager in an effort to preserve the stained glass throughout the house. No sub woofers will be allowed indoors or outdoors on the front porch.
- As Pleasant Home is located in a residential neighborhood, reasonable amplified music is allowed outside on the porch for events on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Outdoor music for events on Friday, Saturday and Holiday weekend Sundays must end at 10:00 p.m. An acceptable decibel level guideline ranges from 65-80db depending upon bass levels and a sound check will be required before the event and then checked throughout the event.
- Minimal amplified music will be allowed outdoors for events on Sunday except for Holiday Sundays. Outdoor music for events on Sunday must end at 9:00 p.m. except for Holiday Sundays.
- Pleasant Home management retains the right to control volume. Please keep sound to suggested levels.
- Pleasant Home has a Sonos speaker system located in the house with capacity to move specific speakers outdoors. Pleasant Home staff is responsible for moving Pleasant Home equipment.
- All items must be hand carried into the house. There is no elevator and no hand trucks are allowed. Unloading can be done in the driveway just north of the front porch or in the bus parking spot in front of the house, however musicians and DJ’s need to then find appropriate parking.
- Equipment set-up is allowed only during the two hour of set-up of an event. The surrounding park is not open for dancing as it is a public space. Prior to the final walk thru, please notify your client of any tables, chairs or linens you will need.
- Any special lighting, props or set-up must be approved by the Pleasant Home Manager, and must be removed at the conclusion of the event. Fog machines are not allowed.
- Pleasant Home Management retains the right to end the music and ask the DJ/Musicians to vacate the property should any of these limitations be violated.
- All indoor music is to conclude at the end time of the event. Outdoor music end time requirements are identified above and need to be strictly followed. Please confirm the event end times with client or the Pleasant Home Manager
- All vendors must vacate Pleasant Home no later than 11:30 pm on the weekends, 10:30 pm on weeknights. Pleasant Home is not responsible for any equipment left on the premises.