Dear Park District Patrons,
On Thursday, December 30, 2021 the Oak Park Public Health Department issued an ordinance mandating proof of vaccination in public places including health, fitness, and recreation centers effective Monday, January 10, 2022. That said, any individual over the age of 5 will be required to show proof that they are fully vaccinated before entering any Park District facility. This includes participants and/or spectators of a class, program, or event held inside. Indoor masking is still a requirement and is included in this order.
Beginning Monday, January 10, Park District of Oak Park staff will be confirming proof of vaccination for all class participants, spectators, and visitors prior to allowing entry into the program space.
Proof of Vaccination means:
• A CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Card; or
• An official immunization record from the jurisdiction, state, or country where the vaccine was administered; or
• An ‘app’ that provides a digital record of vaccinations; or
• A digital or physical photo of such a card or record that includes the individual’s name, the vaccine brand administered, and the date the vaccination was administered.
Identification to accompany vaccine proof:
• For those age 16 and older, identification must accompany vaccination proof. Identification includes a driver’s license, government ID, passport, work or school identification card, etc. that corresponds to the vaccination proof.
What constitutes fully vaccinated:
• Two weeks after their second does in a 2-dose series: Pfizer or Moderna Vaccines, OR
• Two weeks after a single dose series: Johnson & Johnson
Exemptions to this order:
• Preschools and childcare centers, which include our 2 and 3-day Preschool offerings and Clubhouse Afterschool participants.
• Those who are medically unable to receive vaccination, for any reason, if they:
(1) show proof of the exemption from a medical provider, AND
(2) show proof of a negative COVID test within 24 hours of coming into any facility. This includes providing a NEW negative Covid-19 test from a medical professional, indicating the test date and results. Please note: at-home tests are not accepted.
•Caregivers dropping children off for participation who will be in our facility less than 10 minutes.
Masks and physical distancing when possible are still required indoors:
• Masks are required indoors for any person age two or older that can medically tolerate it (regardless of vaccination status). This applies to all indoor activities and sports participants, including children, parents, coaches, officials, athletes of all ages, & spectators without exceptions.
• Physical distancing of six feet or more is required when feasible.
✓ Have Proof of Vaccination on hand: The Park District of Oak Park will not be collecting or maintaining records of vaccination status. Park District staff will be checking vaccination status each time an individual enters a building.
✓ Have medical exemptions and testing results met before every session of a class, program, or event: This includes a NEW negative Covid-19 test 24 hours before every session of a class, program, or event.
✓ Please stay home if you are feeling sick or are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms in order to reduce community spread.
✓ Please note that food is not permitted at this time in any of our facilities.
✓ Water/Water bottles are the only drink permitted in our facilities.
✓ Please continue to follow updates on our website, social media, and through email.
✓ Feel free to contact us with questions:
The Park District of Oak Park is committed to servicing the needs of our patrons. If you or a member of your household are unable to participate in a program due to this Oak Park Health Department ordinance, please contact Customer Service who will assist you in canceling your participation and providing a program fee refund. Please email us firstname.lastname@example.org with the program/activity name, participant name, and whether you prefer a refund or Park District account credit and we will process accordingly.
We sincerely appreciate your cooperation, understanding and patience, and we look forward to providing safe and healthy programs and services for the Oak Park Community.
Jan Arnold, Executive Director
- Read our COVID 19 FAQ.
- To speak with other staff members regarding a program or facility question, please access the Park District of Oak Park staff directory.
- Read about the Village of Oak Park’s actions to address the Coronavirus
- We encourage the public to follow social distancing guidelines.
- CDC guidelines about when and where to wear masks
- Residents are welcomed to walk park paths following social distancing guidelines.